[Axiom-developer] [#34 Axiom missing rm, cat ] windows/unix compatibilit

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [#34 Axiom missing rm, cat ] windows/unix compatibility
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:36:00 -0600

The most recent version of Axiom for Windows at AxiomDownload
includes windows compatible versions of these utilities that
work properly for paths including spaces. This is only a
short-term fix. The proper solution of these windows/unix
compatibility issues is to eliminate the use of system
commands and write simple replacement code directly in
lisp. That way portability becomes a GCL (or other lisp)
issue - where it belongs. I think we should give this
issue a high priority.
--
forwarded from http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/address@hidden