[Axiom-developer] Re: IssueTracker emails

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: IssueTracker emails
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 02:13:51 -0500

Bill,

> Vladimir,

Vladimir, I appreciate the fact that you've taken on the painful
task of testing. This has resulted in more attention on my part.
I failed to communicate this to the list, mostly because I was
unaware that the list would be copied on every bug report (which
is a good thing except when done all at once).

Please accept my apologies for actions and take it as a compliment
that Bill felt, of all of the people on this list, you were the
most likely one to care about bug tracking and quality issues.
If I'd been doing my job properly it would have been obvious
that I was submitting bug reports. And it would have happened
in a timely manner.

> Well ok, but but ... If you let me know I could temparily disable
> the forwarding to the axiom-developer list.

Ummm, until I posted half-a-dozen in a row I didn't realize that
bug reports would hit the list. This activity is going to take
quite a few days as there are thousands of emails to read and
evaluate. Perhaps you might want to turn off forwarding until I
complete this task.

> But if what you are cutting and pasting into the issuetracker
> `Details' box is raw unformatted text, then after submitting
> the report you should click "edit" and change the `type:' to
> "Plain text", otherwise the content of the email will be
> interpreted as if it was coded as "Structured Text".

ok. I'll fix that.

Tim