Re: [Axiom-developer] AXIOM for Windows: )copyright and )summary issue

From: William Sit
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] AXIOM for Windows: )copyright and )summary issue
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 17:21:05 -0500

Hi Bill:

I tried (sorry, I am always the one with things not working :-( ) to post the
oneline crasher on issuetracker. Again, after all the editing, submitting with
add issue button returns a "Document has no data" Alert Popup.

I do think that before a bug or issue is submitted, it should be posted via
email for discussion. Vladimir is doing a great job submitting these problems
(some are bugs, some can be explained and some may be don't knows).  I am sure
that even if some of these reported problems are not bugs, they are *unexpected*
to a general user, and thus collecting these into an FAQ database would be
useful.

We all have limited time but still the amount of progress on Axiom has been
impressive. You, and many others, have of course contributed tremendous effort
on many fronts. It takes time to simply keep up! Perhaps we should consolidate
what we have, and prioritize the remaining work. We are now at the point that
getting the algebra to work correctly and documenting unexpected answers will
add to others' confidence in using Axiom. To me, this is most important.

William
---