Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: hyperdoc

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: hyperdoc
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 20:57:25 -0500

> The file size can be alleviated with gzip, if desired, and we may yet
> see binary XML, which could address the "slow" problem:
>
> http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/01/14/1650206&commentsort=3

The best way to handle this, in my opinion, is to replace the XML tagging
structure with lisp lists. Thus you can turn the

into

(a :href "foo.html" :text "my words")

or

(a "foo.html" "my words")

and use a lisp parser. You instantly have a fast parser that can be
easily extended with readtables, a macro expansion facility, and a
way to define new tags. Portable, fast, powerful, well-defined,
extensible, available, easily integrated, existing tools, compileable,
package-namespaces, etc.

New schemas can be defined with macros.

Tim