Re: [Aldor-l] RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom domains and Aldor return types

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Aldor-l] RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom domains and Aldor return types
Date: 14 Jan 2005 15:08:24 +0100

Martin Rubey <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| A different issue is whether we can live with the fact, that Aldor does not
| seem to be entirely free. I don't know how to get it's source. Therefore I'd

For me, that is the most annoying point.  I would hate to see Aldor
and Axiom's internal language diverge in very incompatible way -- the
only benefit I can see is fracturing further the community.  On the other
hand, if Aldor's source is not made freely available, people would end up
focusing their efforts on Axiom's internal language; I'm not sure how
that helps Aldor and how that is a bonus for the community.