[Axiom-developer] Graphics in Solaris, patch 24

From: Kostas Oikonomou
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Graphics in Solaris, patch 24
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:46:27 -0500

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:27:39 -0500, root <address@hidden> wrote:

Kostas,

I believe that sman will accept a -debug option these days.
Modify your axiom shell script in $AXIOM/bin, add -debug to the
sman command line, try it again and send me the console log.

Tim,

I've traced the problem, partially.  In int/sman/sman.c, I did the following:
  if (ptyopen(&ptcNum, &ptsNum, ptcPath, ptsPath) == -1) {
    perror("start_the_Axiom: ptyopen failed");
    exit(-1);
  }
  fprintf(stderr, "\n-----  K.O. : ptsPath = '%s'\n", ptsPath);
  fix_env(envp, server_num);
  fork_Axiom();
  close(ptsNum);

I get the output

bash-2.05$ sman -debug
  sman -clef -gr -nonag -ht -noiw -ihere -ihere -ws '$AXIOM/bin/AXIOMsys'
-grprog '$AXIOM/lib/viewman' -nagprog '$AXIOM/lib/nagman' -htprog
'$AXIOM/bin/hypertex -s' -clefprog '' -sessionprog '$AXIOM/lib/session'
-clientprog '$AXIOM/lib/spadclient'
sman:process_arguments exit
sman:process_options exit

-----  K.O. : ptsPath = ''

fork_Axiom: Failed to reopen server: No such file or directory
sman:start_the_local_spadclient: $AXIOM/bin/clef -f $AXIOM/lib/command.list -e
 $AXIOM/lib/spadclient
clef trying to get the initial terminal settings: Invalid argument
bash-2.05$

So the empty ptsPath causes the "Failed to reopen server: No such file or
directory"
I also tried running "sman -debug" as root.  Same result.

                                        Kostas