Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom/Aldor

From: Peter Broadbery
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom/Aldor
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:15:58 +0000

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 15:43 +0100, Martin Rubey wrote:
> Dear Peter,
>
> I just tried another example, which is in fact the reason why I would love to
> have Aldor working. I did not expect it to work, and it does not, but it works
> *almost*. The code is as follows:
>
> #include "axiom"
>
> Test: with { f: (n: PositiveInteger) -> PrimeField(n) }
>    == add { f(n: PositiveInteger): PrimeField(n) ==
>               10::Integer::PrimeField(n) }
>
> Note that such a construction -- the resulting domain depending on the
> function
> parameter -- is currently illegal in Axiom. In Aldor it is fine.

> which clearly tells you, that the calculation is done alright, only the
> signature interferes with success.
>
> Any ideas?

As long as you don't use the sig. from the interpreter, you will be ok
(which misses the point,, I know).
As far as fixing the error, not really, I don't know the axiom
interpreter that well. Finding how & where the type is substituted would
be a good start [There must be someone who does...]

Peter

--
Peter Broadbery <address@hidden>