[Axiom-developer] Re: [Aldor-l] Re: [Axiom-math] Dynamically constructed

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Aldor-l] Re: [Axiom-math] Dynamically constructed return types / Aldor
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:59:52 +0100

Ralf Hemmecke writes:
 > Hi Martin
 >
 > As you know, I am also interested in bringing Aldor back to Axiom.
 > Unfortunately, I have no idea about the licencing problem (the Aldor
 > compiler is not free).

Unfortunately, from the Aldor people nobody seems to care. As far as I
remember, I contacted Manuel Bronstein and Stephen Watt, but I never got any
response. They are probably rather busy.

 > Can you perhaps tell me how to get access to the arch archive and what I
 > should read to be able to work with it? I only work with CVS usually and
 > arch seems to be a little different.

You should simply follow the instructions on http://arch.axiom-developer.org/
The link where to download arch from is right at the bottom.

 > Anyway, I'd like to achieve that just saying
 >
 > )co "file.as"
 >
 > should call Aldor, and there should be no need for
 >
 > )lisp (load ".../runtime.lsp")
 >
 > etc as in
 >
 > http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-mail/2004-09/msg00035.html
 >
 > That should be automatic.

Well, this is the second step.

 > But as far as I remember, I could not
 > get aldor working
 > http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-mail/2004-02/msg00022.html
 > http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-mail/2004-02/msg00025.html
 >
 > Once we have this working, it will be more fun for me to work on Axiom.
 > I don't like spad very much.

On mathaction you can find out how to compile and use a *function* that uses
Axiom domains. If you find out how to compile and use a *domain* or *package*
that uses Axiom domains, you are the champion!

Martin

 > BTW, is there some guideline of 'how to write pamphlet files'?

Yes. But the best way to learn it is to look at existing ones. I'll dig one up.

 > All the best for 2005

likewise,

 > and your Baby I+II and of course the mother.

Thanks!

Martin