Re: [Axiom-developer] Problem with patch 23 and Solaris 9 identified

From: Kostas Oikonomou
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Problem with patch 23 and Solaris 9 identified
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 21:26:00 -0500

Tim,

I'm not sure I follow what you're saying here.  Perhaps I didn't make
myself clear in my last mail?

The postprop.o file *does* exist, it is in obj/sol9gcc/interp/postprop.o.
So rather than messing with any Makefiles, I just copied it to
mnt/sol9gcc/autoload/.

The result is that the build has been progressing now for quite a while.  I
have more
than 900 .o files in mnt/sol9gcc/algebra, and it's still going.

Am I missing something?

                                        Kostas

Kostas,

Actually postprop.lsp is correct. The file contains just a couple
of top-level forms. It is used by the compiler to set properties
on certain symbols that get autoloaded.

Change the Makefile.pamphlet file as follows:

find the line that reads:
     @echo 4017 ....
and add an output of ${LISP}:
     @echo 4017 .... LISP=${LISP}

It should output LISP=lsp for GCL which means that it is looking for
the file mnt/sol9gcc/autoload/postprop.lsp

Next check to see that this file exists. I can't imagine why it might not.

Next search your console output for a line reading
102 making
/home/build/axiom--main--1--patch-23/mnt/sol9gcc/autoload/postprop.lsp from.....

This is the line that creates the file postprop.lsp. The magic number
102 comes from the fact that each makefile stanza has a unique number
within the subdirectory (there can be many 102 lines but only 1 from
the src/interp/Makefile.

Tim