Re[2]: [Axiom-developer] AXIOM bug list / available resources?

From: Vladimir Bondarenko
Subject: Re[2]: [Axiom-developer] AXIOM bug list / available resources?
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 20:39:08 +0200

Dear Martin,

Thanks for quick reply!

VB>> 1) What do these numbers mean? An ID of a unconfirmed bug report?
VB>>    Anything else?

MR> The ID's are given by savannah.

Aha... to ALL the projects located at savannah, pell-mell? That is
#4551 is an Axiom's bug, and #4552 is, say, a GrandRabbitsRaces' bug?
Is this the case?

MR> These are confirmed bugs, currently there are no unconfirmed bugs,
MR> as far as I know.

Do you mean that currently it is known less than 100 non-fixed bugs
for AXIOM, those #4551 and so forth?

MR> We are testing a different bug reporting system, IssueTracker, on
MR> mathaction:

MR> http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/FrontPage/issuetracker

MR> There has not been a decision yet, but I have the feeling that
MR> IssueTracker will make the race.

I see.

VB>> 3) Even if #4551... #11370 are numbers of unconfirmed bugs,
VB>>    is it possible to access all such records?

MR> Unfortunately

>> Currently, Savane, the software that runs the web interface of
>> Savannah, does not have the ability to export lists of bugs and
>> patches.

Ah actually, I just meant the ability not export the known AXIOM bugs,
to but to read all them, that will do, - a learning curve, you know.

VB>> 4) Where to find the most recent copies of AXIOM bug-holding
VB>>    files like old fixed.input, r2-0abug.input, test.input,
VB>>    r21bugs.input etc?

MR> Hey, that's your job, Vladimir :-)

;) Yep.  But I'd rather name this "subtle, unexperienced delight" :-)

Now I adore leading a giddy life of pleasure, and a favorite saying of
mine is, One good tester should find 100 times more bugs than all the
developers can fix together.

Best,

Vladimir