RE: [Axiom-developer] axiom--main--1--patch-24

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] axiom--main--1--patch-24
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 13:57:19 -0500

Tim,

On my linux box where I had previous compiled path-23, I did

  tla update
  .configure
  (set AXIOM and PATH)
  make

The modified build seemed to proceed normally and I now have
a new axiom command that attempts to run HyperDoc. However,
when starting Axiom with

  axiom

I get the message:

  Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
  (HyperDoc) Cannot connect to the X11 server!

Now I also can no longer use graphics. I get the same
message when I try to start via

  sman

and graphics no longer works although it used to work
fine in the previous patch.

Am I missing an environment variable maybe like DISPLAY?

Can you think of any other cause?

Maybe I should try a completely new 'tla get' and build
for scratch :( another 18 hours ... )

And BTW, Happy New Year!