Re: [Axiom-developer] More on the Solaris 9 build

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] More on the Solaris 9 build
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 12:31:06 -0500

> Thanks Tim.  When you say builds cleanly, you mean on linux?
>
> > Kostas,
> >
> > there have been several changes applied. we're up to --patch-23
> > which now builds cleanly.
> >
> > tla update
> > make clean
> > make

> Yes, on linux.

There are several patch-versions of axiom--main which are not
completely build-ready. The axiom--main branch is semi-stable.
I use it to build pre-savannah versions and there are a lot of
changes that go into it near the end of the month. In order to
guarantee that I've got a good build on axiom-main I repeat the
cycle:

do
 fix something
 build it
 tla commit to axiom-developer
 rm -rf axiom--main--1*
 tla get axiom--main--1
 build it
 test it
until done
if (end-of-month) and (stable)
 then promote to savannah CVS

This ensures that I'm not depending on local features but means
that axiom--main--1 might be unstable in various ways.

By the way, please copy address@hidden as there are
other people on this list who know more than I do and can help.

Tim