Re: [Axiom-developer] code release

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] code release
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:53:22 -0800 (PST)

--- root <address@hidden> wrote:

> >Great. I suspect this will make most of the build troubles go
> >away. However, (just as a reminder) please call it BETA (or nothing
> >at all) until the proposed fixes are integrated.
>
> Umm, I don't propose to call it anything. I leave that up to the
> director of marketing. I'm going to download, build, and test
> axiom--main--1 on all the platforms I have available and, if it
> passes, promote it to  savannah. Then I need to grab the savannah
> copy and redo the testing to ensure I didn't make a mistake.
> Following that we have to chase down all of the binaries and upgrade
> them.

Oh, that reminds me.  Is there a way to have Axiom display a "version"
as well as a build date?  Remember in the case of Gentoo a user (or for
that matter anybody building their own cvs checkout) reporting a bug +
build date could be totally useless - their build date won't have
anything to do with the pre-compiled binaries or possibly even the cvs
checkout date.

CY