RE: [Axiom-developer] [TeXmacs]

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] [TeXmacs]
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:07:19 -0500

On Monday, December 20, 2004 4:19 AM address@hidden
wrote:
> On 18 Dec 2004 at 12:03, Bob McElrath wrote:
> > The "diff-format" output could definitely be improved.
> > The place to do this is in ZWiki itself, Diff.py:
> > DiffSupport:textDiff.
> > Is there some way we could have a hybrid?  e.g. when a
> > page is edited we send out the entire page with a comment
> > at the top "this page was edited".  If one wants to see
> > line-by-line changes it can always be retrieved through
> > the zwiki interface.
>
> Thank you very much for these explanations. Yes, I agree
> the hybrid mode you describe would seem more appropriate
> than the present edit mode for the cc to the list, as it
> would be readable as a normal message. The 2 latest messages
> sent automatically were more readable for me however, thanks
> to your explanations, and because modifs were shorter.

Since ZWiki appears to generate the email directly from the
original source format, on the last edits to the website that
I did, I deliberately keep the editing line length of the
text contents short, anticipating how these edits would look
when sent out as email. I think the fact that you found the
result more readable confirms my proposal that ZWiki should
do such line folding automatically during the preparation
of the email.

I can make this change on the MathAction site and then
propose a patch to the ZWiki developers.