Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom I/O/conversion questions

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom I/O/conversion questions
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 02:20:19 -0500

Vladimir,

>1) How can the user use the batch mode?
>
>   (Say, to have a bat like  AXIOMsys < in.input > in.output
>   where in in.input one can put some AXIOM inputs)

a) create an input file:

echo '2+2' >tst.input
echo '3+3' >>tst.input

b) make sure your shell variables are set:

export AXIOM=/path/axiom/mnt/linux
export PATH=$AXIOM/bin:$PATH

c) pipe a )read command to AXIOMsys and capture the output

echo ')read tst.input' | AXIOMsys >tst.output

See: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2004-06/msg00080.html

>3) How can the user (in a simple way, without much writing)
>   enter a protocol mode (automated registering of the
>   inputs AND outputs)?
>
>   Things like )spool test.txt sends to a file only the output...

See the answer to question 1.

Tim