Re: [Axiom-developer] [TeXmacs]

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] [TeXmacs]
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 12:03:33 -0800

address@hidden address@hidden wrote:
> Ah OK ! Sorry for that. But then I think that, in its present state (at least
> in the state I
> received it in my mailer) the message generated is largely incomprehensible,
> as there
> is no leading minus sign, only minus signs embedded in the middle of long
> lines. The
> only indicators I could detect by inspection are "??changed" and "++added"

The "diff-format" output could definitely be improved.  The place to do
this is in ZWiki itself, Diff.py: DiffSupport:textDiff.

Also the zwiki folder property (or per-page property) "mailout_policy"
can be set to either "comments" or "edits".  Right now it is set to
"edits" so is sending out these diffs.  I find them useless, and for
most cases "comments" is appropriate.  Note that when in "comments"
mode, emails will also be sent when new pages are created, but not when
pages are edited.

Is there some way we could have a hybrid?  e.g. when a page is edited we
send out the entire page with a comment at the top "this page was
edited".  If one wants to see line-by-line changes it can always be
retreived through the zwiki interface.

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    "It's not the people who vote that count. It's the people who count the
    votes." -- Joseph Stalin