RE: [Axiom-developer] system::getenv does not return MSYS environ ment v

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] system::getenv does not return MSYS environ ment variables
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 23:47:54 -0500

Tim,

On Wednesday, December 08, 2004 12:21 AM you wrote:

> We can write cover functions and then #+ for each system.
> Perhaps we can do this effort in the axiom--windows--1
> branch as that is where most of them will show up. Well,
> the lisp system commands and sockets are likely to show
> up in the sbcl branch.
>
> I'll create a file there and look at moving some functions
> to it.

Great idea! Yes, I think doing this for Windows would be
especially useful and a good place to start.

> Third, do you know about the DAASE shell variable? If you
> set this variable axiom will use it to look for databases.

Yes, it also occurs along with the AXIOM variable in the
same section of the src/interp/daase.lisp.pamphlet file that
I have been looking at. It's use appears to be option for
a possible non-standard location of the daase files. It
has no assigned value in the current build.

> Unfortunately I don't remember what the exact issue is.
> All I can remember is a report that the newly built
> databases did not work on some platform but I dropped
> the ball somewhere chasing that one.

The database structure looks quite complicated to me
since it includes lots of reference to external files etc.
Maybe in some cases or some non-standard file structures
(this used to be more common than today) some parts of these
file names had to be modified by the use of this DAASE shell
variable?

Do you have a problem report tucked away somewhere? If so,
maybe I can keep it in mind as I look at this code.

Cheers,