[Axiom-developer] Re: commit policy

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: commit policy
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 14:10:49 -0500

> patches applied in axiom--main--1
> i'm building the system now to test the patches.

Great.

> curiously the first patch was ok but the second patch had
> the equal signs replaced with =3D (equalsign3D) which is
> something that windows tends to do. it's odd that both
> patches were not equally affected.

How odd. One of the changes in that patch was to remove an escaped,
non-printable, character embedded in a print statement. The escape
sequence was intended to be seen by the terminal, triggering boldface,
color, etc. This is clearly not the best method for triggering such
behavior. Moreover, TeX does not accept such characters.

My emailer set the encoding to `quoted-printable' instead of
`7bit'. I dont see the =3D problem here. It seems likely the patch
was effected during transfer (I tested that the patches applied
properly before I sent them).

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to fix this.

Cheers,
Steve