[Axiom-developer] Re: help

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: help
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 23:24:41 -0500

William,

>I had Axiom installed for FC2. Now I like to add the graphics. How should I go
>about it?
>
>I also tried the arch site, but there the first thing I am supposed to do is to
>do a tla. What is tla? It does not seem to be in my FC2 system. Where can I
>download it and install it?

Graphics is already part of the build. In order to run the graphics
from inside Axiom you need to run the sman (superman) process. The sman
process starts the axiom process. When you execute a draw function in
Axiom it causes sman to start a graphics window.

So you need to start the sman process.

Instead of typing
 axiom

type
 sman

you'll get a bunch of warning message which should be ignored and
then an axiom command shell should start. By default it should
start in the terminal window you're in but you could start it in
another window by typing:

 sman -iw

In any case, once you have the axiom command prompt try:

draw(sin(x),x=-10..10)
draw(sin(x*y),x=-10..10,y=-10..10)

In the near future I'll modify the standard axiom command so
it starts sman but there are still a few cleanup issues to be
worked out.

Tim