Re: [Axiom-developer] Active arch branches listed somewhere?

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Active arch branches listed somewhere?
Date: 04 Nov 2004 10:12:49 -0500

Greetings!

Tim Daly  <address@hidden> writes:

> Unfortunately no. I had arch running on tenkan but got kicked off
> because arch ate too much space. I bought a machine and the
> axiom-developer.org domain but I don't seem to be able to get arch
> running there. It's been a source of frustration.

My condolences for the frustration.  We seem to have a hard choice --
a revision control system with a lot of nice advanced features that is
not widely used and has no support on public servers like savannah, or
a more limited system (CVS) which has such public infrastructure
support but is more limited in its branching options.

Savannah has told me they plan to get subversion sometime, which might
be a good middle ground.  But can I suggest for the time being to
commit your arch branches into cvs as separate branches or 'modules'?
I think cvs import can separate the code in this manner.

Take care,