RE: [Axiom-developer] Installing AXIOM on Mandrake

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Installing AXIOM on Mandrake
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 10:42:46 -0500

Bertfried,

There is a CVS tarball that can be downloaded instead of
access via CVS. See

> Nightly CVS Tree Tarball
> This tarball is updated every night and contains a copy of
> your Source CVS tree.

This can be accessed by anyone without logging in.

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs-backup/axiom-sources.tar.gz

However I found this link on the following page project admin
page which (I think) is only accessible to registered project
admins:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/project/admin/?group=axiom

Anyway, I have also added this to

   http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/AxiomDownload

So you will be able to find it easily in the future.

I think a (fairly complete?) list of dependencies for debian is
given at

  http://packages.debian.org/testing/source/axiom

The debian build assumes that GCL in already installed, but
in the case of other linuxes, the Axiom build includes GCL.

Bertfried it would be very useful if you could confirm
this list of dependencies and add any that are missing, then
I will add this information to MathAction.

And of course for giving a quick demo of Axiom, you can
always use MathAction itself... :)

Cheers,
Bill Page.