Re: [Axiom-developer] _*STANDARD_-OUTPUT_* and similar

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] _*STANDARD_-OUTPUT_* and similar
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 23:54:14 -0400

Mike,

In your example code:

  c:/cvs/head/axiom/src/interp/i-syscmd.boot.pamphlet:    line :=
read_-line(files
tream,false)

which appears to be line 1319 in my sources my copy reads:

    line := read_-line(filestream,false)

Since this line is from the original pamphlet file TeX is not involved.
The pamphlet files are hand coded.

Did you pass these files thru a DOS or Windows system or editor?
I don't see where the random linebreaks could come from.
Clearly the line of code you gave has a syntax error.

Very odd. I'm at a loss to explain it. Check the file modification
times and see if some process touched the file and made it later
than the surrounding pamphlet files.

Tim