RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: literate programming pamphlet filesforMathActi

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: literate programming pamphlet filesforMathAction
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 21:18:25 -0400

On Sunday, October 03, 2004 10:21 AM William Sit wrote:
> Does that mean sman is not open source?

sman is (or will be) open source but as far as I know it
has not yet been fully re-integrated. I believe that sman
is necessary to manage the communication between axiom
and auxillary programs like graphics and hyperdoc. My
limited understanding is that to get this all to work
requires the solution of some compatibility problems with
how network sockets work with GCL. Unfortunately Tim Daly
seems to be the only open axiom developer at this time
with the skills needed to solve this problem - and he is
in rather short supply... :(

> I also think that hyperdoc has a lot more functionality
> than TechExplorer offers.

Can you give some examples of such functionality?