Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom crashing in Zope-Plone

From: Hans Peter Wuermli
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom crashing in Zope-Plone
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 21:27:53 +0200

Dear Bill

On Sunday 26 September 2004 20.43, you wrote:

> Do I understand correctly that after re-compiling Axiom that
> you now have a fully operational LatexWiki system under debian
> that can run Axiom?

Yes. There is some small alignment problem (on the axiom bar, 'axiom' is too
far to the right and 'axiom''s font is too small, i.e. it looks slightly
different that on your server), but otherwise everything looks nice and seems
to work just great.

> I think there are
> a number of other people (including Tim Daly :) who would very
> much like to setup a similar stand alone LatexWiki/Axiom system.
> I promised Tim that I would set something up for this, but I
> have not yet had the time. If you have some time to write up a
> short description of how you did it, I think it would be most
> appreciated.

Promised, I will do that, but it might take one or two weeks. I would like to
repeat the procedure myself and do it "cleanly". I messed around, because I
didn't know where the error stemmed from. Unfortunately, my bread job will
keep me quite busy the next week, so I ask for some patience.

> Did you download the binary version of Axiom that failed from
> debian unstable?

Yes, but in the meantime it seems to have become "testing".

> If so, we should be sure to let Camm Maguire
> know since he is the architect of the debian version. What
> version of GCL are you using for the re-compile?

2.6.3, the one that comes with the sources. The Debian version used 2.6.4 as
far as I remember.

> What is the
> hardware platform that you are using?

i386. Debian is based on the Net Installation, which installs Sarge. The
kernel I run is 2.6.7-1, but there are so many ways to describe the
particularities of a system that I wait and answer questions about it, when I
get them.

Thanks again for your great help and interest.

Cheers

Hans Peter