[Axiom-developer] Re: AXIOM book project on Axiom Portal

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: AXIOM book project on Axiom Portal
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 02:04:32 -0700

Hey that looks great!

Bill Page address@hidden wrote:
> Tim, Bob,
>
> I have begun converting some of the AXIOM book to "wiki" form on
> the portal.
[...]
> Bob, because of the printing problems in Plone I was motivated
> to upgraded the system to the most recent version of LatexWiki. I
> had no problems at all, but unfortunately printing still doesn't
> work properly from a Zwiki inside of Plone. Is this a know problem?

You are not getting the latexwiki stylesheet.  Did you install latexwiki
in the quick installer?

What do you mean "printing doesn't work".  What goes wrong?  (don't have
a printer here at home to test right now...)

Be aware that mozilla has a bug in which it can't print transparent
PNG's...it prints them as solid black instead.  IE prints okay but the
resolution differences mean that the math looks really crappy.  It seems
printing from plone looks ultra crappy anyway.

I envision a true latex backend for Structured Text which will
dynamically create ps or pdf for printing, rather than expecting the web
browser to do everything correctly.

> If/when you have an updated version of LatexWiki which includes
> the Axiom interface, please let me know and I will give it a try
> here. Be sure to get the most recent version of the source since
> I have been continuing to make small changes to it.

If you are up to figuring out darcs, you can create patches against my
darcs repository http://bob.mcelrath.org/darcs/latexwiki.  See
http://zwiki.org/ZWikiDarcs for some info on it.  Otherwise send me
updated patches or put them on the web somewhere.  ;)

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    It is unpatriotic to question the Kleptocracy.