Re: [Axiom-developer] Complex exponentiation and 0

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Complex exponentiation and 0
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 10:07:33 +0000

David MENTRE writes:
 > Martin Rubey <address@hidden> writes:
 >
 > > If all of this is correct, could somebody who is entitled to do so
 > >
 > > * add a comment to [bugs #9313] 0^0 handled inconsistently that it is not
 > > a bug, (maybe simply include a pointer to this mail) but there are related
 > > bugs described in [bugs #9424] Bug in handling 0^0 in Axiom
 > >
 > > * close it.
 >
 > Done.

Thank you!

 > In fact, I created bug #9424 before seeing bug #9313.

Yes, that's what I thought...

 > Martin, if you want to take care of bugs, just create an account on Savannah
 > and I'm pretty sure Tim will aggree to give you admin accesses.

Hmm, not really. The reason for this is, I believe that agreement is very
important with respect to applying patches, closing bug reports and so on. And
I know that I'm very often uncertain whether agreement has been reached or not.
After all, that's why I wrote the summary to the bug report above.

In fact this very issue "0^0" is a wonderful example: Although I'm confident
that it is, it is not obvious, at least, not to me, whether our reasoning is
correct. Maybe time will tell -- in case it is not :-)

So the current setup works well for me: there are very few people with admin
access and I trust them not to take action before agreement has been reached.

On the other hand, I am happy to summarize discussions where I'm able to.

Martin