Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-math] [Fwd: Re: EXPR POLY INT]

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-math] [Fwd: Re: EXPR POLY INT]
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:15:33 +0000

root writes:
 > Bill, Martin, Manuel,
 >
 > Could one/both/all of you summarize this discussion in some way?  I'd
 > like to apply the suggested code fragments/fixes to Axiom but I'm
 > somewhat confused.

I think the patches on the axiom patch-page

http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?group=axiom

are generally accepted. I would not integrate code which has not made it to
this page yet.

It would be good to correct the code in dvdsum, but I don't really know how to
do this. I sent a *preliminary* patch right now... Manuel, could you have a
look at it?
http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=3148

A bigger issue is bug #9217 (re-evaluating the sum operator). I find this
rather important, however, I don't know how to fix it. For bug #9313 (0^0) we
need consensus first.

 > Martin sent me some code. I integrated the first piece but you've
 > asked me to wait until you added test cases. Then you sent me
 > additional code. What are your expectations of my actions?

I thought that I sent this code only to axiom-math. So my intention is that
this code should be puplicly available, but I would not put it into

src/algebra/

with the exception of the interpolation code maybe -- *but not yet* !  I'd
suggest that we have a seperate directory for contributed stuff. The maxima
developers thought quite some time about this, they ended up with a quite
detailed directory structure, goto

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/maxima/maxima/

and look at src and contrib to get an impression.

In any case, the code in my guessing package will be available at

http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/~slc/divers/software.html

as soon as I have a definite name for it. (rate, guess, devine are taken, I'd
love to have a greek or latin version...)