[Axiom-developer] Re: lisp

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: lisp
Date: 06 Apr 2004 14:45:57 -0400

Greetings!

root <address@hidden> writes:

> is the autotune in the lastest distrib? should I do a cvs co?

Yes.  It would be nice if you can check it out.  There is a variable
si::*optimize-maximum-pages* which defaults to t which eliminates an
old problem of spinning the gc for temporary allocations of eg. strings
in a 32 page space on a heap growing to quite large size.  You might
want to investigate (time ..) and (room) on computationally intensive
jobs with and without this variable set.

Our Windows guy just closed what appears to be the final bug.  I'm
waiting on one email from someone trying to get openbsd up and
running, after which I intend to make a read-only 2.6.2pre tag, have
everyone repeat their tests on the same version, then make the 2.6.2
tarball.

> re: significance. it's important. every performance gain gets multiplied
> by the number of copies and adds up. but you knew that.

Thanks!

take care,