[Axiom-developer] Patch for clef & detailed procedure to make it using G

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Patch for clef & detailed procedure to make it using GNU Arch
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 19:12:58 +0100

Hello Tim,

As requested, here is the patch to make clef work as an Arch
changeset. Please find below how I made it. I hope it is clear. If you
have questions, do not hesitate to ask.

BTW, I have made a mirror of my own Arch archive on the web:

 address@hidden  http://www.linux-france.org/~dmentre/arch-ive/

The below changeset is available in this archive (as "axiom--clef--1").
So, if you want, you can try to get my patch from there and try to play
with "tla star-merge".

In below explanation, following prefixes are used:
 ###: for my comments

 $: shell commands I typed

 [ ]: my comments on tla output or things to do

 the rest: tla output

  Using tla to make a local changset of a remote tree

Source:
http://wiki.sourcecontrol.net/moin.cgi/Quick_20Introduction#head-81b77b0d13fff3dc6b98b64cd707f520e4ed32d5

### make my own axiom branch for clef
$ tla archive-setup axiom--clef--1
* creating category address@hidden/axiom
* creating branch address@hidden/axiom--clef
* creating version address@hidden/axiom--clef--1

$ tla tag address@hidden/axiom--release--1 axiom--clef--1
* made tag address@hidden/axiom--clef--1--base-0 =>
address@hidden/axiom--release--1--patch-1

### get a working copy of this branch
$ tla get axiom--clef--1
* from import revision: address@hidden/axiom--release--1--base-0
* patching for revision: address@hidden/axiom--release--1--patch-1
* patching for revision: address@hidden/axiom--clef--1--base-0
* making pristine copy
* tree version set address@hidden/axiom--clef--1

### make modifications
$ cd axiom--clef--1--base-0/
[ edition of Axiom source code, complete compilation, cheking ]

### commit modifications to my local archive
$ tla changes --diffs
[ look at the diff to see what has been modified ]

$ tla make-log
/home/david/pub/axiom-libre/axiom--clef--1--base-0/address@hidden

$ emacs address@hidden
[ make a proper log file ]

$ tla commit
[ a lot of output ]
* update pristine tree (address@hidden/axiom--clef--1--base-0 =>
axiom--clef--1--patch-1)
* commited address@hidden/axiom--clef--1--patch-1

### get the latest changeset
$ tla get-changeset axiom--clef--1--patch-1

$ tar zcvf axiom--clef--1--patch-1.patches.tar.gz
axiom--clef--1--patch-1.patches

[ email axiom--clef--1--patch-1.patches.tar.gz to Tim :) ]

Yours,
d.
--
David MENTRE <address@hidden> -- http://www.nongnu.org/axiom/