Re: [Axiom-developer] gnu-arch

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] gnu-arch
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 23:48:47 +0100

Hello Tim,

root <address@hidden> writes:

> (download tla-1.1.tar.gz)
> tar -zcf tla-1.1.tar.gz
> cd tla-1.1/src
> mkdir =build
> cd =build
> ../configure --prefix /usr/local
> make
> make install

or "apt-get install tla" (as root) on a Debian sarge/unstable/testing
system. :)

> tla my-id "Your Name <address@hidden>"

done.

> tla register-archive address@hidden http://axiom.tenkan.org/current

done.

> tla make-archive --mirror-from address@hidden address@hidden

done. By the way, "address@hidden" is the name of the local directory
where the archive is stored so I prefer to use a directory name like
"~/pub/axiom-libre/Tim-axiom-archive".

> tla archive-mirror address@hidden

Be aware, it takes some time without any indication from tla. The base
file is about 27 Mbytes.

> tla my-default-archive address@hidden

Not done. I don't want to do that (I'm working with my own default
archive) so...

> tla get axiom--release--1 axiom

... I have done:

tla get -A address@hidden axiom--release--1 axiom

> cd axiom

And I have the sources. Great! :)

I also need to reread the Arch tutorial:
  http://www.gnu.org/software/gnu-arch/tutorial/arch.html

By the way, there is a tool called cscvs to transform CVS history into a
proper Arch history. It takes a long time but it works. I've used it on
another project.
  http://wiki.sourcecontrol.net/moin.cgi/cscvs

BTW, a question, is your axiom--release--1 tree the latest CVS tree?
Looking at the CHANGELOG, it seems so, but just to be sure. I also
noticed that most of files have executable rights (like
src/Makefile.pamphlet). I think it is not needed.

Yours,
d.
--
David MENTRE <address@hidden> -- http://www.nongnu.org/axiom/