RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom help needed

From: Dacian . Tudor
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom help needed
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:32:09 +0100

Hi everybody,

I am sorry to disturb you again with an AXIOM question. I have AXIOM running
and  when it is starting it displays the following text :

(AXIOM Sockets) The AXIOM server number is undefined.
-
   Issue )copyright to view copyright notices.
   Issue )summary for a summary of useful system commands.
   Issue )quit to leave AXIOM and return to shell.
Saturday January 10, 2004 at 20:14:29
-

I have 3 questions:

1. How can I connect to axiom ? Can I use some socket connection ? How can I
configure the port in Axiom ?

2. How can I find the version of axiom ? If I use )copyright or )summary I
don't get any message.

3. This is for Camm Maguire. Can you please give me some hints on
implementing a phrasebook for AXIOM ? Are there some encoders/decoders from
OpenMath to AXIOM and vice-versa available ?

Thank you very much,
Dacian