[Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom help needed

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom help needed
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:20:26 -0500

Dacian,

I know that Axiom has OpenMath support. NAG, especially Mike Dewar,
was deeply involved in this effort. I'm unfamiliar with the details
of OpenMath so I don't how much help I can be.

The best place to get help is to send email to address@hidden
This is the Axiom mailing list. Some of the developers know more about it
than I do.

Do you have CVS? You can get the code from the website by typing:

cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/projects/axiom login
cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/projects/axiom co axiom

The first command will log you in as an anonymous user. It will
prompt you for a password. Just hit enter.

The second command will create a new directory called axiom in
your current directory. If you current directory is

/home/dacian

you would type:

cd axiom
export AXIOM=/home/dacian/axiom/mnt/linux
export PATH=$AXIOM/bin:$PATH
make

Let me know if you have any problems.

Tim Daly
address@hidden
address@hidden

Dear Sir,

I am doing some project research that is involving AXIOM and I am writing to
ask for your help in this matter.

One of the goals of the project is to make use of AXIOM and provide an
interface to it based on OpenMath. I'd like to know if there is built in
support for OpenMath in AXIOM 2.3 and if you could help me getting AXIOM
application. I noticed that the internet download section is still down for
several weeks and I have no possibility to get the code from somewhere else.

It is very important for me that AXIOM should have OpenMath support. It
would be nice if AXIOM could accept OpenMath input and return OpenMath
output as well. Please let me know if there is such release and if not what
other solutions there are for this problem.

I am looking forward to receiving your answer.