Re: [Axiom-developer] Questions (Bugs?)

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Questions (Bugs?)
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 22:32:35 -0500

David,

Yes, the code can compile from a file.
No, the code cannot be compiled from the interpreter.
Is this a bug?

ummm, yes, no, maybe? Yes, in theory the interpreter should accept
the function and compile it. No, the interpreter won't accept the
function and compile it. Maybe that's a bug or it's a design flaw.
The problem is that the compiler and the interpreter have different
parsers. Since they have different goals they have different constraints.
So unifying the two parsers is not a simple problem. I'll look at the
specific error but I'm not certain what the fix will be.

Please add it as a bug so it doesn't get lost.

Tim