[Axiom-developer] Re: About pamphlets and literate programming: how to i

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: About pamphlets and literate programming: how to identify identification levels?
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 22:01:51 -0500

David,

>If you have some example or further explanation, it would propably light
>up some candles in my brain. For example, could you give a very short
>overview of a top-to-bottom example?

I'm currently working on a demonstration pamphlet based on the paper called
Primes is in P. I'm hoping to finish it and present it at a workshop in
Italy next week. It is an ideal example of working from the theory all
the way down to the code. I have to get permission from the authors to
publish the paper, however, so the pamphlet form won't see general
distribution until that happens. Except for lacking Axiom code the paper
is pretty close to a complete example.

You can see the original paper, which starts out with the theory and
explains the algorithm here:

http://www.cse.iitk.ac.in/primality.pdf

If you look at the algorithm description it is pretty close to actual
code. The paper is not only a mathematical proof it is nearly a
proven program. They show loop termination.

Besides revealing an interesting mathematical fact they seem to have
established what I would consider a landmark paper from a Computational
Mathematics point of view.

Tim