[Axiom-developer] Error with clef

From: Wolfgang Zocher
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Error with clef
Date: 24 Nov 2003 17:21:10 +0100

Hi,

with the last built from CVS (22-11-2003) on my SuSE-8.2 Linux box I get:
zocher> axiom
dup2 0 failed: Bad file descriptor
dup2 1 failed: Bad file descriptor
dup2 2 failed: Bad file descriptor
clef trying to dup2: Bad file descriptor
clef restoring terminal in child handler: Bad file descriptor

while

zocher> AXIOMsys

(AXIOM Sockets) The AXIOM server number is undefined.
                        AXIOM Computer Algebra System
             Version of Saturday November 22, 2003 at 12:21:56
   Issue )copyright to view copyright notices.
   Issue )summary for a summary of useful system commands.
   Issue )quit to leave AXIOM and return to shell.

   Re-reading compress.daase   Re-reading interp.daase
   Re-reading operation.daase
   Re-reading category.daase
   Re-reading browse.daase
(1) ->

Looking at the code in edible.c I found that the server number is required for
the dup2's.

I didn't build from scratch; I only copied the new and recently changed files
to my current working directory and started a new "make", as usual.

Greetings,
Wolfgang