[Axiom-developer] Re: www.nongnu.org/axiom/faq.html

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: www.nongnu.org/axiom/faq.html
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 15:38:21 +0100

Hello Tim,

Tim Daly <address@hidden> writes:

> I've succeeded in building Axiom on Red Flag Linux, the chinese distro.
> Please update the faq page to include this.

Done. Have you specific information about the compilation, like the
machine it was compiled on or the release of Red Flag Linux?

> I want to upload binaries and have the faq point at them.
> I'm open to suggestion about how to organize this.

I think the most simple is to put binaries in the download area of
savannah and make the web pages point to them (with a link towards
spcific directories like
http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/axiom/algebra_depends.pkg/1.0.0/).

Now, if you ask how to organize the various directories, I would advise
for the usual division linux-distros/release/specific-arch (like
RedHat/8.0/i386).

Regarding the web page, we can do whatever we (you) want. Like for
example sorting binaries by distro, arch or releases.

BTW, Tim, if you make source package or binaries, try to avoid putting
uneeded parts, like two different releases of GCL or ADVI. End-user may
be resource constrained.

Yours,
d.
--