Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-mail] Compiling Axiom on FreeBSD

From: Mark Murray
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-mail] Compiling Axiom on FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:52:15 +0000

root writes:
> Mark,
>
> There is a variable in the top level Makefile.pamphlet called
> TANGLE=
> which points to the notangle executable. The weave function is never
> called directly as I've already subsumed it under the "document" command.
> The notangle command will be subsumed  when I make another major cleanup
> sweep.

I'm doing a test build right now. There are a zillion more ${SPAD}/notangle
that I had to patch locally. Could you please do those as well?

Also, about 20 files had references to ../../../../mnt/linux/bin/axiom.sty.
I've locally hacked these, but I guess they'll need more general treatment.

> I've moved Axiom's version of noweb's executables out of $AXIOM/bin so
> they don't show up on the user's path. Thus a user that has noweb installed
> will still get the standard version of noweb rather than Axiom's patched
> version. Axiom will use the patched version to build, not the user's version.

I'm using the FreeBSD port of noweb for this job. It's looking pretty clean.
I have got your patch to noweb engineered into our noweb, and I'll get it
committed.

The current patch set is about half a meg; most of that is notangle stuff.
When I have it extracted, I'll give you a URL to fetch it from.

Mark Murray
iumop ap!sdn w,I idlaH