Re: [Axiom-developer] synthesis

From: Dylan Thurston
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] synthesis
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:46:43 -0400

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 07:56:03AM -0400, root wrote:
> There are several requests under consideration.
>
> David and Joris have been calling for a "configure" command.
> Dylan and Bill have been trying to set up tm_axiom with texmacs.
> Camm and Juergen have asked to use the already installed lisp.
> Joris would like a static version of the system.
> Dylan would like the make variables to be available everywhere.
> I've been wondering about platform-specific complexity.
>
> I may have the names wrong but the point is that I'm now convinced
> that I have to change direction.
>
> ./configure can be used to attack all of these problems.
> So I'll write up an initial script, post it, and we can play with it.

It occurs to me that you have a lot on your plate right now (with the
documentation and all), and that there are probably other people on the
list with more experience setting up autoconf than you.  Perhaps this
would be a good task for someone else?

[Or if you've already done this, that's great too.]

I don't have experience with autoconf, but I'd be happy to learn.

Peace,
        Dylan