[Axiom-developer] Re: several lines in a xterm

From: Tim Daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: several lines in a xterm
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:56:00 -0400

François Maltey wrote:

> axiom inside texmacs is fine and I can type several lines with
> [shift-return]. But I prefer use my old emacs or an xterm and I can't do so.
>
> How can I input one command in several lines.
> Must I do a file and type after )read file.input ?
> Is there another possibility with pipe ?
>
> Must my emacs add a _ at the end of every line, and then how can I
> input an if...then...else ?
>
> Thanks a lot if you have an idea.
>
> François

if you type:

if (1 = 1) _
then output 2 _
else output 3

to an axiom prompt inside an emacs buffer the IF statement is recognized.
The trailing _ is the line continuation character for the axiom read function.
I always work in emacs and generally use Ctrl-x 2 to split the screen,
run axiom in one buffer and edit code in the other.
(Ctrl-x o jumps to the other buffer).
(Ctrl-x 1 will return to single-buffer mode).

Tim