Re: [Axiom-developer] [Texmacs-dev] New tm_axiom.c & question on stderr

From: Mike Dewar
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] [Texmacs-dev] New tm_axiom.c & question on stderr
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 09:43:09 +0100

Hi Bill,

Thats absolutely right.  In the NAG version of the software `axiom' was
just a shell script which started sman with various options.

The only problem I can envisage is that without sman you cannot use
the unix graphics or browser (hyperdoc will work on its own provided it
doesn't need to communicate with the running Axiom interpreter).  For
our own TeX-based interface on Windows we dispensed with sman completely
and had everything running smoothly through TechExplorer except for the
graphics which needed an external program to display (SceneViewer, an
OpenGL renderer which we licensed from Template Graphics Software).

Mike.