RE: [Axiom-developer] windows

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] windows
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 00:59:40 -0400

Mike,

When I tried the install of prebuild GCL 2.6.1 on my
Windows XP system I got the following DOS window and
error message:

-----------

GCL (GNU Common Lisp)  (2.6.1) Fri Sep 19 10:41:07 EAST 2003
Licensed under GNU Library General Public License
Dedicated to the memory of W. Schelter

Use (help) to get some basic information on how to use GCL.

Error: Cannot create the file c:/lang/gcl261/bin/gcl.
Fast links are on: do (si::use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Error signalled by LET.
Broken at OPEN.  Type :H for Help.

This didn't happen in previous builds. Can I get
around this somehow?

Cheers,
Bill Page.

         http://people.debian.org/~camm/gcl/stable-binary/