Re: [Axiom-developer] )show command blocks the interaction between TeXma

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] )show command blocks the interaction between TeXmacs and Axiom (was: Handling of autoload messages in TeXmacs)
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:32:14 -0400

Bill,

The mechanism for generating tex code (via )set output tex on) is the same
mechanism for generating fortran code (via )set output fortran on). We could,
in a very general way, implement scheme code (via )set output texmacs on).
You can't change the meaning of the generated tex code as the previous
interface relied on it and we may yet get a chance to use it again.
(It appears that the Techexplorer code has been sold to another company).
Look at the algebra files and you'll see how this works. Making a scheme
code generator is basically just cloning the methods for Tex generation and
generating your own scheme code.

The AXIOM Sockets message is generated because sman is not running.
sman (superman) is the process that is really supposed to start when you
type axiom. It runs interpsys as a subprocess (as well as graphics, hypertex,
clef, etc). I have to get sman running to get the rest of it to run.

The code for this is coming but I need an alpha version of the book first
as the documentation is more important.

We can easily get rid of all the headers. We could even create a
)set headers off command that could be either the default or put in
your .axiom.input file. I'll put this on the TODO list.

Tim