Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Handling of autoload messages in TeXmacs

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Handling of autoload messages in TeXmacs
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 10:15:33 -0400

David,

re: tenkan version.

I agree that we probably should not copy it. A better strategy would be to
have each of us responsible for a different distribution and upload our
builds. I have been trying to get Axiom to build on Mandrake 9.1, Suse 6.4,
BSD 4.8, Debiab 30R1, Mac OS X 10.1 and Windows XP, so far with little
success due mostly to the socket libraries (these are the distribs I have
laying around or tried in the past). Clearly we need a #define cleanup
effort in the C code.

I do think we need binary distribs as not everyone will have the time and
patience to build Axiom from scratch. I use binary distribs for large
projects like Mozilla (the source is about 40M!).

Tim