[Axiom-developer] compiling the algebra files with gcl

From: Weiss, Juergen
Subject: [Axiom-developer] compiling the algebra files with gcl
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 17:03:58 +0200

Hi,

I finally managed to get gcl compiled on a debian linux system. So
I tried to compile axiom with gcl as well.

I used the makefile and the small modifications to the algebra
files, which sucessfully compiled with cmu lisp. I ran into similar
problems as with the cmu build of the algebra, namely that the
database files distributed do not exactly fit the algebra
(especially with linear ordinary differential equations, but some others
as well). Compiling some files with some others manually
preloaded and rebuilding the database files and the interpsys
image several times, I was finally able to compile all algebra
files. Right now, I try to compile all the algebra files from
scratch with the new database files. This will take a while
and I will report success or failure as soon as the compilation
will have finished.

Regards

Juergen Weiss

Juergen Weiss     | Universitaet Mainz, Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung,
address@hidden| 55099 Mainz, Tel: +49(6131)39-26361, FAX:
+49(6131)39-26407