Re: [Axiom-developer] KNOWN.BUGS.pamphet (July 23, 2003)

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] KNOWN.BUGS.pamphet (July 23, 2003)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:09:50 +0200

Hello Tim,

It is probably not crucial at that point but you made me remember:

Tim Daly <address@hidden> writes:

> This is the first step in trying to organize the bug tracking
> in some more rational form.

For bug tracking, there is also the bug tracking facilities of Savannah:
 http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=axiom

On that:

 (1) either you prefer to maintain manually KNOWN.BUGS.pamphet

 (2) or either you want to use Savannah facilities.

   In that case:

    (a) you can do it yourself

    (b) I propose to help you if you want.

      In that case:

      (i) you need to add me as an Axiom savannah developer (log into
          savannah, go into Administration>Main>Manage members
          https://savannah.nongnu.org/project/admin/userperms.php?group=axiom

          and add my savannah login ("dmentre") into the project)

      (ii) In the above page, in the Managing Members Permissions part,
           you must give me at least Tech rights (and maybe Admin rights
           if you want me to help you on other parts of the savannah
           system).

      From that, I would enter the bugs into the database. It would help
      us track them in a central facility, available online.

Please note that Free Software projects often use such a system and it
is very useful for external people to report bugs without subscribing to
mailing lists. While not being as a good hacker as Camm, I could help
for more administrative task.

Best regards,
d.
--