Re: [Axiom-developer] Sets in MonoidRing

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Sets in MonoidRing
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:24:59 +0200

Hello Tim,

root <address@hidden> writes:

>> pgr := MonoidRing(Polynomial PrimeField 5, Permutation Integer)
>> p:pgr := 1
>> q:pgr := 1
>> set [p,q]
>>
>> ----
>>
>> So it seems that some of the set properties of the domain
>>
>>   Set MonoidRing(Polynomial PrimeField 5, Permutation Integer)
>>
>> fail somehow.
>>

> Very interesting. This is indeed a bug.

Maybe a stupid idea, but wouldn't be possible to print a parallel trace
of Axiom's common lisp code running on CCL and GCL while the faulting
code executes? By comparing those two traces side by side, it would
indicate where the behavior of lisps diverges and maybe pinpoint a bad
behavior.

I don't know if it is doable however. As far as I have understood, the
tracing facilities of GCL are targeted towards a specific previously
known function but not all functions in general.

Best regards,
d.
--
 address@hidden