Re: [Axiom-developer] current bug

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] current bug
Date: 17 Jul 2003 16:48:06 -0400

Greetings!  I just looked at this again, and have come to the
conclusion that the issue is the limit on the C stack size.  After
increasing the value stack size to taste in stacks.h, one must (at
least) also redefine MAX_STACK_SIZE in the .h file upward from its
default value of (1<<23) /* 8Mb */.  I'm trying a compile now with
double the value.  One may also have to adjust other stack limits -- I
hope to report soon.  I did verify though in gdb that the segfault in
executing the command below occurred on attempting to push the stack
pointer %esp past the 8Mb boundary, 0xbf800000.

Take care,