Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: subscribing to axiom-developer, user interface

From: Mike Dewar
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: subscribing to axiom-developer, user interface issues.
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:20:09 +0100

Hi Jason,

As it says, the scripts option only applies to subscripts:
G82328 (1) -> )set output scripts no
G82328 (1) -> subscript(x,[1])

   (4)  x
         1
                                                                 Type:
Symbol
G82328 (2) -> )set out scripts yes
G82328 (2) -> subscript(x,[1])

   (5)  x[1]

There are several linear output formats that might suit you better
including TeX, script (an old IBM typsetting language) and Fortran.
For example:
G82328 (7) -> )set output tex on
G82328 (7) -> )set output algebra off
G82328 (7) -> subscript(x,[1])