Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom for Linux available

From: Bertfried Fauser
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom for Linux available
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 06:08:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Tim Daly wrote:

> I've hand-built a version of Axiom for Linux.
> It is available for download at: http://axiom.tenkan.org

Dear Tim!

great work! I downloaded the axiom.xxx.tgz and everything seems to work
fine on my SuSE linux 8.2. Axiom starts and compoters with intergers and
polynoms. I would however suggest another place that /tmp, I have put it
into /usr/local/axiom...

May I kindly likr to ask, if there are the helpfiles also distributed. I
am a bloody newcommer to axiom and need example to see what it really can
do. I know a little bit of aldor, but some further resource would be fine.

Anyhow, you really did a great wonderful job!
thankX
BF.

% |   | PD Dr Bertfried Fauser    Fachbereich Physik    Fach M 678  |
%  \ /  Universit"at Konstanz     78457 Konstanz        Germany     |
% (mul) Phone : +49 7531 883786   FAX : +49 7531 88-4864 or 4266 (comul)
%   |   E-mail: address@hidden                   / \
%   |   URL   : http://clifford.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~fauser    |   |