[Axiom-developer] Windows noweb patch

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Windows noweb patch
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:18:42 -0500

Bill,

I've modified the Makefile.pamphlet in the CVS.
I've added 4 files to the zips subdirectory:
  noweb.modules.c.patch
  noweb.modules.nw.patch
  noweb.src.Makefile.patch
  noweb.src.Makefile.nw.patch

The first problem in noweb is that it elides chunknames that
it does not recognize. Thus in:
   c << 2 && d >> 3
you get the following output:
   c 3
which is clearly incorrect.
The first two patch files fix that.

The second problems is that noweb doesn't build cleanly on Windows.
It appears you change 2 things: comment out the strip call and
change all /dev/null to /tmp/null. These changes are fixed by
the second patch.

Since the second set of changes are windows specific you'll find that
the Makefile.pamphlet has a new chunck called <<noweb.Windows>>.
When you make a Windows platform file use this chunkname rather than
the <<noweb>> chunkname.

Tim